Rebecca and Simon
… in their own words
1. How much of your wedding had you planned before you decided to elope?
Zero. I have never been interested in weddings. Simon had a big wedding the first time around, and he didn’t want to repeat the experience. When we got engaged, we thought we’d do something simple for our wedding, but apart from picking a rough date in the future, that’s as far as our planning went.
2. What made you decide to elope, and what drew you to the Pop-Up idea?
Neither of us wanted a ‘wedding’, but we still wanted to do something a little bit special. We thought about just getting married at the registry office, but that seemed a bit too clinical.
I originally saw an article about Pop-Up weddings in Perth and thought wow, that’s fantastic!. I did some research and found The Pop-Up Wedding Co. The locations they chose around Australia looked stunning, and the idea just sounded like it would fit us perfectly.
3. How did your friends and family react to your elopement idea?
My grandma who was a bit disappointed there wasn’t going to be a traditional ceremony + reception event, but everyone else thought it was a brilliant idea. A few said to me they wished they’d done that too instead of the wedding they’d had!
4. What details did you have to organise?
Just our outfits 🙂 And getting my hair done. I wanted to be able to show our friends and family nice photos!
5. What mattered to you most when it came to celebrating your marriage?
Having a celebration that was just for us. Being able to incorporate our own vows. Simplicity.
6. What was the best part of having a Pop-Up Wedding?
That we could just turn up and everything was organised, so beautifully and perfectly. The team that Britt and Josh assembled for our event were superb, everything from the flowers to the cake, the staging to the photographer, we couldn’t have asked for anything more ideal. It was a superb day.
7. What advice would you give to any couple thinking about having a Pop-Up Wedding?
Seriously, they are the best thing since Tim Tams, and you’re nuts if you don’t book a spot IMMEDIATELY!
Rebecca and Simon x