Information Pack for
The Elopement Collective
Who and what is the Elopement Collective?
We are Britt and Josh Withers, the two humans behind The Elopement Collective. Britt’s the boss, she’s the brains, and the person who makes it all happen, and Josh is your celebrant and the guy leading the day of your elopement.
We lead a team of photographers, filmmakers, and florists who work with us to create epic elopements around the globe.
We feel so honoured to be able to do what we do – and we really believe that the day you enter into marriage should be a fun, relaxed and stress-free one. The Elopement Collective was created and inspired by what we wanted for our wedding, but there was nothing like it. We are a collective of wedding talent who have come together to create these awesome elopement events in different cities both in Australia & overseas.
This information pack has been prepared to answer to most common questions and to equip you with all you need to know to elope with us.
How to elope with The Elopement Collective
Choose location and team
- Elope with us anywhere in the world, with your celebrant will be Josh Withers, and your to choice of photographer and filmmaker from our collective. Confirm a date, place, and creative team with Britt, then complete your booking form (if we’re already in the location, then the travel costs are low or zero).
Creating your elopement
- Britt is your elopement planner, available on phone and email, and to start we just need a general location and a date. Plan for your ceremony and photos to start in the hours before sunset. We recommend booking accomodation nearby to get ready in and to celebrate at a local restaurant afterward.
- As the sun begins to set we’ll gather for your elopement marriage ceremony and personal vows with Josh, then your creative team will steal you away for a portrait photo shoot in the golden sunset light.
Our Elopement Package
- one marriage celebrant, Australian marriage legals, and a custom kick ass ceremony
- one photographer, with around two hours of photography
- online photo gallery
- minimum of 100 images edited, colour corrected and delivered digitally as high resolution printable jpegs
- all images supplied as high resolution printable JPEG files
- zero guests
- one epic bouquet in your choice of colour and style
- coordination of the day’s details- including: timeline, team & location. We want you to feel spontaneous, romantic & relaxed as you embark on your journey with us. Sit back and let us figure all the nitty gritty details out for you. We thrive when you give us creative control to hand create something special.
We create elopements with heart.
Optional add ons
up to 20 guests
for a second bride
2-4 min highlight film
Extra Hour of Photography
for getting ready photos or family photos
Regarding booking your elopement while there’s a pandemic
We understand that we exist in a world full of uncertainity today, so we wanted to make two notes regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Our commitment to you is that if the law and the airlines allow us to create your elopement, then we will, but if we can’t, we’ll find a new date that works for you and our team without any extra package costs.
- If you’ve cancelled your wedding plans and want to elope with us, but you can’t see what you’re looking for in our packages or your budget, then please get in touch, we want to help.
- Decide on a location
- Choose a photographer from our team
- Confirm the booking by completing our online booking form and pay your deposit
- Josh, your celebrant, will be in touch to help you with your marriage legals
- Britt will confirm florals, locations, and timings
- We’ll make a time to Skype or meet in person before the elopement to talk about how the elopement will go
- And on the day we’ll arrive at the planned time we would and you’ll have an awesome elopement!
The only things you need to worry about are:
- Any travel or accomodation the two of you need
- Your personal vows and rings
- Your fanciest elopement clothes
- Whether or not you will invite anyone
- videographer if you choose to include one
- bouquet or two if you need a second
If we’re already in that location, then the travel expense may be minimal or zero, or if we’re not already there, then we can quote you on a travel cost. We don’t profit off travel, so the travel cost is the actual cost of us getting there.
Josh, our celebrant is Gold Coast based, so there’s no travel expense if your elopement is close to home, and our photographers are based worldwide.
On many occasions the team may already be travelling and we can let you know those dates.
Expect to be free about 15 minutes after sunset.
Where to celebrate afterward
When can we elope?
In certain exceptions, possibly in quiet seasons or when travelling internationally, elopements can occur on the weekend.
We accept elopement bookings inside the next twelve months.
- If you’re already staying at a nice Airbnb or guest house, the grounds of that property may serve as an awesome and ‘close to home’ ceremony location.
- There’s possibly a location already known to you that is special to you.
- You’re welcome to hire or apply for a permit for a venue or location that you like.
- We have secret ceremony locations around the world that we have already scouted out, or if it’s a new location, we’ll often arrive the day before and go scouting for locations.
If you have more than a small handful of guests, for example if it was more than just your parents, then we would recommend one of the first three options.
More than half of our couples elope with no guests, some in secret, and many invite only their parents or direct family.
If guests are joining you, we ask that they move on after the ceremony and group or family photos so that you’re free to have portrait photos without an audience.
Keeping it quiet
On the day many people mention how they were stressed about posing for photos, but our photographers don’t work like that. They’re friendly, warm, and lovely humans who work in a more photojournalistic fashion, so instead of asking you to post like a model, they will give you some friendly direction and make amazing photos of you both.
Every single couple who have been nervous about having their photo taken finish the day best friends with their photographer and love their photos.
Sneak peek photos: in the 48 hours after your elopement we will deliver a small handful of sneak peek photos so you can share your elopement experience with friends, family, and online!
What is included in the photography: two hours of photography with at least 100 high resolution printable JPEG photos delivered in an online gallery, all images edited, colour corrected and supplied on a beautiful wooden USB memory stick. This is the minimum number of images, we don’t like to put a cap on how many images we deliver as each elopement is so different, but rest assured that you will receive every amazing image.
If the two of you need flowers just check the option on the booking form.
Payment is welcomed via bank deposit, or credit card. We accept VISA, Mastercard, or American Express.
Delivery of photos
Enquire for more information
Enquire with us now
Book your elopement now
How to book
Once we have locked in a photographer you love, a dreamy location and a date that works you can complete the booking form using the book button below.
We ask for a minimum $700 deposit at the time of booking, this is payable via bank deposit or credit card.